Cornerstone Centre for Advanced Medicine offers a comprehensive preparation program that optimizes your chances of a natural, healthy conception, pregnancy, birth and baby utilizing natural treatments and lifestyle changes.
Infertility can be defined as the inability to become pregnant after 1 year of unprotected regular sexual intercourse. Some sources report that 1 in every 6 couples may be infertile and 14% of couples have infertility problems. Roughly 6.2 million women in the United States have impaired fertility and the projected number of women with infertility problems is projected to reach 7.7 million by 2025.
Some fertility conditions that are treatable by naturopathic medicine are endometriosis, polycystic ovarian syndrome, poor egg quality, early menopause and low ovarian reserve, implantation issues, autoimmune infertility, poor response to fertility medication, thin uterus lining and poor circulation, clotting disorders, hormone imbalances, ovulatory disorders, recurrent miscarriage, male factor infertility, stress and fertility impacts as well as emotional stress and imbalance. As can be seen, there are a plethora of conditions that can contribute to infertility that can become an issue when the body is not functioning at optimal health.
Benefits for prospective parents
- increased chance of a healthy conception, pregnancy, birth & baby
- an alternative to assisted reproductive technology for most fertility problems
- gentle, natural and safe – does not threaten your health
- an empowering experience of understanding and managing your own fertility
- improved general health and energy
- equal involvement and support for each partner
- learn safe, natural contraception for after the birth of your baby
- helpful for older parents or those with undiagnosed fertility problems.
Benefits for your pregnancy & birth
- decreased chance of miscarriage, premature birth or stillbirth
- decreased occurrence of common pregnancy complaints (such as morning sickness)
- decreased occurrence of more serious problems (such as gestational diabetes, hypertension)
- decreased risk of postnatal depression
- increased chance of a natural, unmedicated birth.
Benefits for your baby & child
- increased chance of a healthy, happy baby
- reduced risk of congenital malformations (birth defects)
- increased chance of problem-free breastfeeding and close bonding
- less likely to suffer from various health and learning problems in childhood
- parents educated about diet and nutrition for growing family.
Benefits if Assisted Reproductive Technology is required
- has been found to more than double your chances of success with IVF
- helps to avoid the increased miscarriage and health risks to mother and infant that may occur.
An all natural, non-invasive program
We start with comprehensive initial face-to-face consultations to complete a full health assessment and devise a program tailored to your body.
We aim to optimise health and fertility through:
- Lifestyle modification
- Improved diet and nutrition
- Diagnostic tests and protocols
- Natural treatments and medicines
- Non-invasive medical tests and treatments
- Counselling and relaxation therapy
- Charting and timing techniques.